Let there be light
No, it is neither a sermon on Genesis nor analysis on one of Isaac Asimov’s short story (which he described as his personal favorite)I am also not talking about the current weather in Siena where it has been rain heavily since yesterday that caused high noon to look like sunset (and most likely the internet conection in the room will be down for a couple of days like happened twice before).
Just on-top-of-the-head observation on patterns of goods I bought with first installment of my scholarship.
First, a lamp. A flourescent energy saving one to replace the plain-old-copper-fiber-lamp they provide in the dorm. Don’t understand why such modern establishment should waste energy like that. And of course the new one provide better lighting for me to read.
Second, a mobile number. I already explain the process of getting it in previous post. But isn’t a mobile number truly is a medium to smooth and enlighten our relationship with other peoples?
Third, a (small) basket of various Italian food and delights. Who can deny that food shed some light and energy into an empty stomach? Now I have more variety to choose for breakfast (dorm only serve dinner)
The next (relatively) big items to get is a hair cut. Got it the last time when I go back home and my hair is already quite long by now. I’have been told that an Italian (hair) job its not cheap but I need to shed some light into my scalps.
This is not a particularly intellegent post. But its kind of hard to be intellegent in this gloomy weather. Let there be light…
(picture from ordnancesurvey)

<< Home