Wednesday, November 16, 2005

From Ottawa to Molucca

In need of done-that-and-can-do-it-again feeling for my next article (wish me luck), I googled the title of my Jakarta Post article to look it up.

It is to my surprise that the result shows 47 hits. Numerous institutions have copy-paste my article and put it into news/opinions archive of their website.

The nature of those as diverse as I can possible think. From Indonesian embassy in Ottawa (a definite state apparatus) to Foundation for keeping Moluccan Civil and Political Rights (with certain separatist tendency). From environment indonesia mailing list to mercedesbenzgruppen.com

I am happy that they find it worthy to be catalogued (and more people can read it) but still wondering how one article can be useful for such a different groups.

As Sudjatmoko once said, ideas have wing. Hope this particular idea flying to the right people that can make a difference in Aceh.