Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Next stop, Japan!

As an avid watcher of Japan cartoon in my childhood (who can forget Voltus V), Japan is a familiar country to me. During high school I started to read Musashi, Shogun and Taiko, then at University I was fascinated by the Japanese economic might and wondering how Indonesia can learn from hem.

Now that this conference accept my paper to be presented there and selected me for their travel fellowship, then if everything goes fine (quite a big if since I need to have Italian resident permit to apply for Japan visa) I will be there in early February 2007.

As the cartoon villain (usually in a monster form) said while executing their diabolical plan, “First Japan; then the world!!!”


# Addendum to Conversation 2

Setting: email communication

Me:

I am sending you our email correspondences on June 9 below. Since I asked specifically about the attachment so I assumed that the file arrived safely. My apology if I did not attach the file correctly then.

Professor:

I think your paper is fine: please considered accepted for the parallel session, see you in Milan

###

No apology what so ever!

But I am not going to let it ruin my happy day. …

And it just happened that today I start a course in the Economics of Happiness (an exciting course if you happen to be curious). God certainly have a good sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home