Friday, March 09, 2007

Next Stop, Istanbul!


What other city have been the capital of both (Christian) Western Holy Roman Empire and (Islamic) Ottoman Empire? What other city located on both European and Asian continent? If East want to meet West, no choice but Istanbul as the randezvous point. Had Kipling visited Istanbul, he would not said that the East and West shall never meet.

It seems that my paper writing activity still prove to be fruitful, another conference with travel fellowship (a.k.a free ticket & accommodation). I almost sure that I would not get the fellowship (only 7 such fellowship and 121 presenters) since the competition include PhD students from Harvard, Cornell and Columbia.

The conference where I will present my paper is in Izmir, one hour flight from Istanbul and close to the city of Troy (yup, that Troy) but I will definitely spend some days in Istanbul.

Let see how those minaret look in close distance. I am sure it will be a true Turkish delight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home