Thursday, November 22, 2007

Singapore/Surabaya Sling

The last week has been a hectic one with four days conference in Singapore and one sight stop in Surabaya.

The first is an alumni meeting (fully sponsored) of a fellowship that I was in 7 years ago. It was great to renew old acquaintances and gaining some new ones. The book splurge at Borders (they are having 35 % off) has been a highlight of the unofficial schedule.

The second trip was to attend a wedding of two friends I knew in Holland. It was an unexpected pleasantry to see the surrounding of Surbaya since that was my first trip ever that counts more than 3 hours. Surabaya that I knew only stretch from Pasar Turi to Tanjung Perak (for boat to Makassar) or to the bus station (to Malang). I found the city grace by preserve old colonial building, wide streets and great food (including ice cream) at affordable price.

It was a sling to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home