Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First International TV Interview

It is done by phone, but displayed live on Turkish International TV. So I guess technically it is stil a TV interview.

The TV has a slot to discuss the recent International PhD student conference in Turkey where I presented a paper. They had the conference organizer there and somehow they picked me to be interview live.

You know that I am not so good in the speaking department. I tend to speak too fast and babble.

Since they told me about it 5 days ago, I thought I got time to prepare (amidst the hectic preparation for my exam). I asked them what will be the topic and head for a 2 minutes soliquey. It took me almost one hour to get the sentences straight and another hour to practice.

Finally the day come. After waiting for sound technician to connect, I was live. But the interview turned out to be series of question an answer (how is Italy, what do you think about the conference, what are the positive effect, and what do you think about Izmir).

Nervousness start to crept and so was sweat, good thing they only hear my voice. All in all, I think I committed my usual sin of speaking too fast and babbling. Hopefully it was not that bad, but the conference organizer might regret choosing me as interlocutor.

Will it be easier by time and practice?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll do better next time. i'm so proud of you... :)

2:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home