Sunday, October 26, 2008

The World Would Never Look the Same

I meant the title, and I meant it literally.

I have been having problem in seeing things for about a month but the Ramadhan is not a comfortable time to go to a hospital.

So I went there last week, the ophthalmologist told me that my minus increase by half and my cylinder increase by one.

That would explain the blur vision.
The work load for the last couple of months has been piling indeed.

So I am getting new glasses. My dearest sister would not let me use the back up glasses and insist I look for an up to date design. Well, she is the style expert in the family so who am I to argue her.

Now I have a clearer vision of the world.

Sometime people see what they want to see. Not to look deeper and sincerely find answer but more to confirm their pre existing belief.

Life is how we see things. We could see life as dark and gloomy; merely as place to fulfil what natural/social order told us too. As a site full of danger and messiness.

Or the world could be a place for discovery and adventure. To see the world in full height of its splendour and colour (black n white is good for some setting though).

To seek out the farthest castle and the highest mountain, but not overlook the nearby flower. Where a sense of wonder filled the air and
it's allright to fall head over heels.

The magnificent Nat King Cole has his own take on seeing things:

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see

Angel, the world indeed would never look the same for me after this week.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home